• New scientific knowledge can make extended information necessary (for instance, about new or newly recognised treatment risks and new treatment methods).
The customer acknowledges that the person whose duty it is to provide information is him-/herself responsible for satisfying his/her continuous professional development duties in every respect and specifically as regards the medical practitioner’s duty to provide information and for providing comprehensive information to their patients. For these reasons, patient education materials produced at certain intervals may not always meet the requirements.
The frequency rates “rare”, “very rare” and similar terms used in the patient education materials for the risks/complications stated therein are only a general estimate of the authors regarding a procedure performed lege artis by an experienced medical practitioner. They are not the same as the statistic information on side-effects stated in the package inserts of medications. When quoting frequency rates in the patient-doctor discussion, the doctor has to take into account the patient’s individual circumstances.
• Printed patient education materials shall be charged at delivery.
• Audiovisual patient education materials are prorated to the calendar year at delivery and charged on an annual basis thereafter. The annual licence fee is payable at the beginning of the respective calendar year.
• If an annual licence fee has been agreed, computer-assisted patient education materials are likewise prorated to the calendar year at delivery and thereafter charged on an annual basis at the beginning of each calendar year.
• If form-based charging has been stipulated for computer-assisted patient education materials, the charge is made regularly when updating the forms but at least quarterly. The customer will specify to Thieme Compliance the number of printouts by the respective charging dates and finally at termination of the contract. If the customer fails to fulfil this obligation, the right of use in accordance with Clause V.2 will lapse.
This information was last updated on: September 2014